Hi, thanks for visiting my site! I’m Curt Wildemann, a retired police officer from Las Vegas, NV. I’m 55 yrs old and retired after 22 and a half years of service. I have a BS degree in education and taught high school biology in Arizona before becoming a member of the Las Vegas PD. After 40 yrs. of competitive running and 8 marathons (with a 2:34 best time) I needed an entire hip replacement. Now I bicycle and I’ve ridden across the country before.
I want to do it again in 2013 for a good reason: to raise money for our wounded veterans!!
1. Raise as much money as possible for Wounded Warrior Project.
2. Have as many riders as possible join me.
3. Ride across America!
I successfully rode 3240 miles from the coast of Washington to the coast of Virginia in 2011. I also rode 1500 miles from Phoenix, AZ into Louisiana in 2007.
Where and When:
We will start at 8:00 am, Monday June 10, 2013.
- Our route will follow the “TransAmerica Trail,” thanks to Adventure Cycling Association
- We will average about 60 miles a day @ 10-12mph
I’m working on a SAG wagon through Good Sam Club (or wherever, if anybody can help me with that it would be great!)We have a support vehicle!
- Accommodations will be camping, motels, parks, churches, gyms and warmshowers.org
- Expenses will be paid by each rider unless you have sponsors
- Please see the “FAQ” page for more details about the ride!
I will keep a list of all riders with email and mobile phone number to have a check-in each day; I’d like to know where everybody’s at during the ride.
Important: All donated money will go directly to the Wounded Warrior Project — none will be used for ride costs!
Please contact me with any questions… thanks!